Sausage and Peppers make an easy, yet filling family dinner. This dinner can be made low carb or you can serve it over pasta or with a side of bread. Also, this recipe is a one pot recipe, which means that everything can be prepared it one pot or pan making clean up a breeze which is a win in my house!
One of my favorite ways to make this meal is a recipe using ingredients you can find at Trader Joe’s. Some of my go-to items you can find at this store are the key ingredients in preparing this meal. In addition to being packed full of flavor, this sausage and peppers recipe only requires a few ingredients.
Ingredients for Sausage and Peppers
2 packs Trader Joe’s Smoked Apple Chicken Sausage
1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen tri-colored peppers
1 onion sliced thin
1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Season salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Sausage and Peppers
Slice the chicken sausage into bite-sized pieces
Spray a large skillet or sauce pan with cooking spray
Brown sausages until a light golden brown color
While sausages are browning, slice up the onion
Add onion to the skillet along with the olive oil and cook together with the sausage until the onions are slightly golden and transparent
Season with season salt and pepper to taste
Add frozen peppers and cook on medium heat for about 10-15 mins
Serve by itself or over noodles and with your favorite side salad
Next time you are at Trader Joe’s, grab the ingredients for this dinner! You can enjoy this with your family for an easy weeknight meal, and it will, without a doubt, be a crowd pleaser!
Sausage and Peppers
- 2 packs Trader Joe’s Smoked Apple Chicken Sausage
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen tri colored peppers
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Season salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken sausage into bite-sized pieces
- Spray a large skillet or sauce pan with cooking spray
- Brown sausages until a light golden brown color
- While sausages are browning, slice up the onion
- Add onion to the skillet along with the olive oil and cook until the onions are slightly golden and transparent
- Add season salt and pepper to taste
- Add frozen peppers and cook on medium heat for about 10-15 mins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates.