Have you ever been in the mood for a dessert that is simple but also incredibly satisfying? Try creating this Effortless Delight: Chocolate Oreo Poke Cake. This dessert contains only a handful of ingredients and is incredibly simple to make!
This cake is called a “poke cake” because of the holes you make in the cake after it has finished baking. These are extremely easy to make, and can be made in a variety of flavors!
Chocolate Oreo Poke Cake Made Simple: Directions
Chocolate box cake prepared according to directions on the back of the box
Can of sweetened condensed milk (you don’t have to use the whole can)
Box of Oreo pudding prepared according to directions on box
About a dozen Oreos
Container of thawed Cool Whip
All of these ingredients were found at my local Walmart Neighborhood Center.
Prepare chocolate cake mix according to directions on box
While the cake is baking, prepare the Oreo pudding and then set aside in fridge
Let cake cool for about 5 minutes and then poke holes all over cake using the bottoms of a wooden spoon.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the prepared cake followed by the Oreo pudding.
Using a spatula, spread sweetened condensed milk and pudding all over the cake make sure it is covered.
Once it is covered, spread the thawed Cool Whip all over cake
Crush about a dozen Oreos and sprinkle all over cake
Place cake in fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
Once cake has completely set, enjoy this delicious poke cake!
Tips for Baking
Don’t over or under bake this cake! Make sure to follow directions on back of the cake mix and check center of the cake to be sure it is completely done!
Is chocolate not your thing? Try making a different kind of poke cake like my banana pudding poke cake. There are so many variations you can try and they are all super easy and fun to make!
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Oreo Cookies n Creme pudding prepared according to directions
- Container thawed Cool Whip
- About a dozen crushed Oreos
1. Prepare cake according to directions on box
2. While cake is baking, prepare pudding
3. After cake is done baking, let cool for about 5 minutes
4. Poke holes using the end of a wooden spoon all over the cake
5. Pour sweetened condensed milk and Oreo pudding over the top of cake
6. Even out pudding and condensed milk with a spatula
7. Spread cool whip over the cake
8. Sprinkle with desired amount of crushed Oreos
9. Let cake chill in fridge for a least 2 hours