With only a few ingredients, this deliciously simple 5 ingredient French toast casserole is easy to make for your family or a large crowd. This sweet and yummy casserole, will make breakfast a breeze! And my favorite thing about it? You only need 5 ingredients, most of which you should already have at home!
Make Ahead of Time
One of the best things about making a casserole is that it can be prepared ahead of time. If you are making this French toast casserole for a big holiday breakfast or brunch, prepare in the night before, store in the fridge overnight, and then pop it in the oven the next morning!
For a complete and impressive yet easy breakfast spread, serve this French toast casserole with my Baked Vegetable and Sausage Fritata which can also be made ahead of time!
French Toast Casserole- Recipe
- 1 Package of Cinnamon Raisin Bread (I used Pepperidge Farm and bought it at Target)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- *1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- *2 Tablespoons butter cut into small pieces (for top of casserole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon until combined well. Completely optional, but if you love the taste of vanilla, go ahead and add 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to this mixture.
- Evenly spread cubed raisin bread in greased baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread cubes making sure to cover as much of the bread as possible.
- Place casserole dish in preheated oven for about 50-55 mins or until cooked all the way through.
- If you want to add the butter on top do this about 15-20 mins before casserole is done cooking completely. The butter should help give the casserole a nice brown top and an extra savory flavor.
- Allow casserole to cool completely and then serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or top with your favorite maple syrup.
Make this French Toast Casserole Your Own Way!
If you or your family doesn’t love raisin bread, using whatever you have on hand! Another one of my favorite types of bread to use for this casserole is brioche bread. You could add a little extra cinnamon to the casserole to make sure it has plenty of flavor.
Also, add other spices such as nutmeg or even pumpkin pie spice to give it that warm, comforting flavor of fall! However you make this deliciously simple 5 ingredient French toast casserole, it will be a crowd pleaser every time!
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread (I used Pepperidge Farms)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons butter cut into small pieces for top of casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes and set aside
- Mix milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla (optional) togeter in medium bowl
- Evenly spread bread cubes in baking dish and cover with egg mixture
- Place in preheated oven for about 55 minutes or until cooked all the way through
**If you want to add butter to the top do so about 20 minutes before done cooking.